AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people's lives while being well compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Data Management area:
• Partnering with CIO to define and prioritize IT portfolio of programs and projects providing the CIO with critical insight to develop the IT strategic roadmap and monitor portfolio progress
• Collaborates with ERP project team, develop an end-to-end data migration plan for ERP systems and also create a plan for setting up an enterprise level of business intelligence using SAP Business Object technology
• Works closely with Managed Care division in the development and planning to upgrade to the latest version of EzCap products to comply with ICD 10 and also to meet key business requirements for enhancements
• Working with Managed Care and Finance, complete the electronic billing project
• Ability to manage large claims systems including Lab Corp, Clearing house and interfaces with CPS clinical system and Cerner Etreby pharmacy system
• Develop and manages the end-to-end data process flow from data collection, data cleansing, data analysis, data conversion, business intelligence/reporting, database administration and data warehousing from multiple data sources across AHF, external agencies and third parties
• Install best practices for data management projects, create detailed business requirements document and technical specification documents and assure technical designs meet business requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
• Work with multiple business departments to create and implement a strategy and plan for New Health Plan management system
• Leads and create overall strategy and plans in the area of data architecture / data modeling for new IT projects
• Manages data related projects to integrate analytics, OLAP, data model, user interfaces, visual design and extract, transformation, and load (ETL) tools
• Provides guidance to a DW/BI Team on performance tuning and best practices on optimization techniques for large and complex SQL statements.
• Mentor and provide quality leadership to the data management team
• Coordinate with various business departments and IT teams to deliver the data management roadmap and help with resource planning and hiring to ensure that the data management team is staffed and deployed appropriately
• Provide technical leadership and architectural direction to the data management team.
• Supervise the design of data management plans as well as the data management process.
• Provide ongoing reporting to support information-based analysis and decisions, identify opportunities for improving existing processes.
• Responsible for AHF external contracts with external Agencies and third parties in the part of reporting and data exchange requirements, accuracy, and timetables.
• Collaborate with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, State Departments of Health Services, other Agencies and third parties in the part of data integrity and data transmission
• Work closely with various business divisions across the entire organization to collect business requirements and ensure that data integrity, reporting tools, data exchange meet all needs and regulations
Enterprise Architecture area:
• Work with other IT teams (i.e.Infrastructure Management including Data Center operations, Network Services and Security Management, End user support, IT Operations & Strategy and IT Service Management) to create Enterprise IT Architecture that is scalable, robust and stable
• Responsible for creating and maintaining Enterprise Systems Design, Business Applications Integration Architecture, Database Architecture, Sequential Diagrams, Systems Architecture Diagram, Data Flow Diagrams, Use cases, Design artifacts, Blue prints and UML.
• Design and apply best-of-breed, enterprise system, application and IT solutions to meet business objectives on large-scale technology projects; evaluating impacts on integration, reliability, performance, scalability, flexibility and maintainability
• Work closely with multiple development teams to define, select and architect products & services that require significant cross component coordination
• Lead domain analysis and the creation of an executable architecture with design artifacts; conceptual & high level design and use-case model & actor identification
• Define and drive enterprise technology decisions, architecture standards and governance processes; working with other architects within the group, the rest of the company and external organizations
• Manage Application Service Management area to successfully develop and implement the plan for HIPAA 5010 and ICD 10 compliance on EMR system, Pharmacy system, and Claim system as well as the plans for other new key tier 1 applications, oversea successful patches, upgrades, and new implementation of all business applications, and ensure to conduct regular health checks on all Tier 1 applications.
• Manage Process and Project Management area to define, select and architect a world class PMO (Program Management Office), CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) and standardized ADLC (Application Development Lifecycle) management process that requires significant cross component coordination
• Manage Testing and Quality Assurance area to implement a cloud-based Testing tool and manage and develop matrix team members completing complex and strategic quality control projects and ensure testing of the highly complex business application programs.
• Identify and/or implement cost savings opportunities throughout the entire area to manage
• Manage budgets for all teams.
• 70% of position will be managerial, 30% hands on working with team
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
Attends Business meetings and IT management meetings.
Provide formal supervision to individual employees and teams reporting to the position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and/ or equivalent work experience required. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or MBA, preferred
• Minimum 15 years experience in Information Technology (IT) industry with at least 7 years of IT Application Development and Maintenance, and Data Management functions experience required
• Must have 5+ years of proven experience in People Management with exceptional team building and leadership background
• Prior leadership experience in a complex, multi-cultural, matrix management organization is required
• Healthcare and/or insurance industry experience is required. GE CPS EMR system experience preferred. Health plan management system experience preferred.
• Familiarity with Project Management principles and PMP preferred
• Certificate in MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA, Java/J2EE and/or SOA a plus
• Familiarity with Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and/or Data Mart is preferred
• Strong ITSM background required - ITIL Foundation Certificate a plus
• Six Sigma Awareness (Green Belt an asset) a plus
• HIPAA Compliance experience is required
• Global market experience a plus
• International travel is required
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Very High Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Very High Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram forms. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.