|AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE…at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AIDS Healthcare Foundation is currently seeking a Benefits Counselor to work on a Full-Time, regular basis at our Downtown Healthcare Center, located at 1414 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 400, Los Angeles, California.
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
· Conducts patient intake interviews, financial screenings, and registration for AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP).
· Coordinates with Nurse Case Managers and other AHF healthcare providers to assist in the determination and/or eligibility for insurance and financial benefits.
· Verifies benefit eligibility and scope of benefit for private pay clients. Verifies benefit eligibility as required for Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, private insurance, and other public assistance programs or benefits.
· Assists patients in the completion of benefit application or makes appropriate referrals.
· Monitors status of benefit application and follow up on pending applications to ensure timely enrollment/ eligibility.
· Obtains pertinent information from family members and/or significant others as it relates to benefit and financial information.
· Ensures appropriate documentation of patient eligibility/ benefit information in patient records and healthcare center files/computer base.
· Prepares reports as required and assigned.
PARTICIPATION IN AHF MEETINGS/COMMITTEES
Attends Benefit Counselors Meeting.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; One year experience in a medical office setting. Medical Assistant Certificate will be accepted in lieu of one year’s experience in a medical office.
COMPUTER SKILLS/SOFTWARE SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software and MS Office Word Processing software.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES/QUALIFICATIONS
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
· Strong interviewing technique and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and in a sensitive manner with patients, staff, and other healthcare team members.
· Sensitivity to AIDS/ HIV related issues and concerns as they relate to a diverse patient population.
· Ability to work well in a high-stress environment.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
Certificate in Medical Assisting will be accepted in lieu of one year’s experience in a medical office.
Salary: Up to $13.00 per hour, Based on experience
Position Type: Full Time, Employee
Location: 1414 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 400, Los Angeles, California.
Hours/Days: Monday thru Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Human Resources Business Line Partner
AIDS Healthcare Foundation
6255 W. Sunset Blvd., 21st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90028